Kid Care Preschool: PROGRAM 2024-25
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
The Arlington Recreation Department welcomes your preschooler (age 2.9 - 5 years old) to join us in our licensed preschool program. The Kid Care Preschool Program will be moving to the old Parmenter School Building at 17 Irving Street starting Fall 2024.
The program follows the Arlington Public School Calendar with the approximate start date of Tuesday, September 3, 2024. If you are unable to register for a desired day, please be sure to register for the Preschool Waitlist 2024-25.
If you are interested in registering for the 2023-24 school year, there may be a few spaces available. Please call 781-316-3880.
- We welcome your child to join us as we explore many activities supporting your child's natural curiosity in an environment that encourages children's artistic, scientific, sensory, verbal and written expression. Your child will enjoy socializing with other children in a safe and welcoming environment.
- In this play based program, children will construct knowledge and understanding of their world by using open-ended materials, participating in hands-on activities and interacting with classmates and teachers.
- We offer Yoga and Spanish once per week and Music/Movement twice per month.
- You have the option to choose two to five days per week.
- The program is open to children 2.9 years old through 5 years old.
- Regular hours are 8:30 am - 12:30 pm with early drop-off and extended day options available.
- Arlington Kid Care follows the Arlington Public School calendar and school cancellation schedule.
PAYMENT AND FEES
1. There is a one-time enrollment fee of $50.
2. The tuition payment is broken down evenly for 10 monthly payments:
$390/month for 2 Days
$499/month for 3 Days
$580/month for 4 Days
$725/month for 5 Days
3. The first month's NON_REFUNDABLE tuition is due when you register.
4. Please note, there is a $100 drop fee for each day dropped prior to November 2024. (For example, if you register for 5 days a week, but drop Mondays and Tuesdays before November, you will be assessed a $200 fee.) You may drop day(s) starting for November without a penalty if the request is submitted by the 15th of the prior month. We will start accepting drop requests beginning in November as long as the request has been submitted by 10/15/2024.
5. Monthly payments are on a "Pay on Your Own" policy with payments due for each month by the 15th of prior month. (For example, January's Tuition is due by December 15.) Arlington Rec sends reminders.
6. Tuition and fees charged are non-refundable - even for household credit.
EARLY DROP OFF/EXTENDED DAY OPTIONS
Registration is for the month and is automatically billed each month along with standard tuition.
You may register for 1-5 days of early drop off and/or extended care on days when your child normally attends the program.
EARLY DROP OFF
We offer an early drop off option for students from 7:30 am to 8:30 am. Below is the ADDITIONAL monthly cost for early drop off options:
$60/month for 1 Day
$120/month for 2 Days
$180/month for 3 Days
$240/month for 4 Days
$300/month for 5 Days
We offer an extended day option from 12:30 - 3:30 pm. (12:30 -1:00 pm will include a time to eat lunch or a snack provided from home and also a quiet period.) Below is the ADDITIONAL monthly cost for extended day options:
$130/month for 1 Day
$245/month for 2 Days
$340/month for 3 Days
$440month for 4 Days
$550/month for 5 Days
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
- We highly recommend that you arrange a tour prior to registering. Please contact the Preschool Director, Kim Grubb, to arrange a visit (781-953-9005 or email@example.com).
- If you do not already have a household account with Arlington Recreation, please create one and include your information and your child's information. See "Create Household Account" link below.
- Register for the Kid Care Preschool: Enrollment Fee 2024-25 (link below) and pay the one-time $50 registration fee. The fee is non-refundable. Please note, paying the enrollment fee does not register your child for the program. You must continue with the registration outlined below.
- Next, follow the steps to register for the Kid Care Preschool Program on this page. You may chose 2-5 days and you must register for all months. Please also register for any early drop-off or extended days at this time too. (We need a minimum of 5 students per day to offer extended day.)
- September's tuition is due at registration. Please note, tuition is non-refundable.
- Registration will be considered "complete" ONLY when you have paid your enrollment fee, selected the days your child will attend, paid the 1st month's tuition and submitted your Automatic Credit Card Payment Form (see link below). INCOMPLETE REGISTRATIONS ARE NOT GUARANTEED.
- Registrations are accepted throughout the year as space allows.
- To check availability before you register and pay the $50 enrollment fee, click on "view seats" at the bottom right of this page. (Registration is for the year, so you only need to check the first month listed. For example, to check if space is available on Tuesdays, check the "seats available" count for any Tuesday in the first month listed.)
WHAT IS THE BILLING PROCESS?
- Arlington Recreation sends out 2 payment reminders at the beginning of the month prior to the 15th. A final reminder and notification is sent to all overdue accounts with the late fee start date. (After the grace period, accounts are charged a $5 per day per child late fee.)
- Tuition is broken down evenly into 10 payments. The first payment, due at the time of registration, is for the first month. Subsequent monthly payments will be due Sept. 15 for the remaining nine months.
- Dropping days prior to November will result in a $100 per day dropped penalty. After that, starting for November, changes or withdrawals need to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 15th of the prior month.
- TUITION AND FEES CHARGED ARE NON-REFUNDABLE - EVEN FOR HOUSEHOLD CREDIT. If the extended day option is cancelled due to low enrollment, only extended day options purchased will be refunded.
- We offer 2 waitlists. The "Currently Enrolled" waitlist is for families enrolled for the 2024-25 school year who wish to add or change a day of the week that is not currently available.
- The "New Student" waitlist is for families who are not registered for any days at the preschool. Please be sure to register for each day separately.
- See link at bottom for more information and registering for the waitlists.